Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens
A long-reaching telephoto zoom characterized by a sophisticated optical design and advanced image stabilization technologies, the Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens is part of the esteemed L-series developed for full-frame EOS DSLRs. One fluorite element and one Super UD element have been incorporated into the lens’ construction, and both help to reduce aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range in order to deliver notable clarity, image sharpness, and faithful color reproduction. An Air Sphere Coating has also been applied to lens elements in order to reduce lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich imagery. Benefitting the optical components of the lens, a four-stop effective Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake and can be dedicated to different styles of shooting. Furthermore, a redeveloped rotation-type zoom ring pairs with an internal focusing mechanism, and an Ultrasonic Motor, to deliver quick and intuitive handling to benefit handheld shooting. Positioned as a versatile option for sports and wildlife photographers, this lens’ list of attributes make it a viable telephoto zoom for a variety of shooting applications.
- EF Mount L-Series Lens/Full-Frame Format
- One Fluorite and One Super UD Element
- Air Sphere and Fluorine Lens Coatings
- Ring-Type USM AF Motor, Internal Focus
- Optical Image Stabilizer with 3 Modes
- Rotating Zoom Ring & Torque Adjustment
- Weather-Sealed Design
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Compact, high performance L-series super-telephoto zoom makes it ideal for sports and wildlife photography.
- One fluorite and one super UD lens element provides excellent correction of chromatic aberration throughout the entire zoom range, helping to deliver high-quality images with high resolution and contrast.
- Rotation-type zoom ring allows for more precise composition and excellent balance when handholding.
- Inner focusing, ring USM, a high-speed CPU and optimized AF algorithms for fast and accurate autofocusing.
- Optical Image Stabilizer provides up to four shutter speed steps of correction*.
- Three image stabilization modes (standard, panning, and during exposure only) provide outstanding results for a wide range of shooting situations.
- Improved zoom torque adjustment ring allows easy setting of zoom tension.
- Highly resistant to dust and water, and amazing durability enabling shooting even in harsh conditions.
- Circular aperture (9 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Fluorine coating on front and rear lens surfaces helps reduce smears and fingerprints.
- Lens hood with side window permits specialty filters to be adjusted with hood in place.
- Newly designed tripod mount can be attached or detached without removing the lens from the camera.
- Minimum focusing distance of 3.2 ft. / 0.98 m with 0.31x maximum magnification.
*According to CIPA standards (400mm focal length, when using the EOS-1D X).
† Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.
How To Buy