Canon EF 85mm f1.8 USM Medium Telephoto Lens
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Medium Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
The EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Lens from Canon is a highly practical medium telephoto prime lens ideal for a range of applications including portraiture. Its fast f/1.8 maximum aperture is effective in low light and ideal for shallow depth of field focus control. An ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) provides fast, smooth and quiet AF action and because the front lens group does not rotate during focusing, polarizing and special filter effects can be used effectively.
- EF Mount Lens
- Aperture Range: f/1.8-22
- Ultrasonic Focus Motor
- Internal, Rear Focusing System
- Distance Scale
- Minimum Focus Distance: 2.8′
- 58mm Filter Thread Diameter
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Medium Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras – Fixed
Prized for portraiture, the EF 85mm f/1.8 USM from Canon is a short-telephoto prime characterized by its slightly compressed perspective for achieving flattering results. Its bright f/1.8 maximum aperture also enables isolating subjects and working with shallow depth of field techniques, and further benefits working in low-light conditions. Helping to achieve high color fidelity and contrast, a Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements and serves to minimize reflections, lens flare and ghosting. Additionally, a ring-type USM is employed to deliver quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control.
- Short-telephoto, portrait-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 136mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override. Additionally, the front of the lens does not rotate during focusing to better permit working with polarizing and graduated filter types.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
Canon 85mm F/1.8 Specs
|Filter Thread||Front: 58 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||2.95 x 2.81″ / 75 x 71.5 mm|
|Weight||14.99 oz / 425 g|
|Package Weight||1.15 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||5.039 x 4.567 x 4.409″|
How To Buy