Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV
- 20.1 MP 1″ Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Internal UHD 4K Video & S-Log2 Gamma
- Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* f/1.8-2.8 Lens
- 24-70mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 2359k-Dot OLED Tru-Finder Pop-Up EVF
- 3.0″ 1229k-Dot Multi-Angle Xtra Fine LCD
- Slow Motion Video at 960 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- ISO 12800 and 16 fps Continuous Shooting
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV 20.1 MP Digital Still Camera
The world of superspeed shooting
Welcome to the incredible new world of superspeed shooting. Super slow motion—once primarily on pro cams. Thrilling fast-action images captured without distortion. Freedom to shoot in bright lighting conditions as never before. Enter the hidden realm of 1/32,000-second imagination. Wonders await you.
Shoot beyond human vision.
Super potential. Super reality.
Inside the compact RX100 IV is the world’s first2 memory-attached 1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor — a remarkable advance in image shooting possibilities. Use it to reveal the wonders of up to 40x super slow motion3, super-high-speed 1/32000 s Anti-Distortion Shutter and handy 4K movies. Now explore infinite imaging freedom beyond imagination.
1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor with DRAM chip
Free your imagination.
Catch what unfolds unseen before you. Once primarily on pro cams, extremely high-frame-rate (HFR) movie recording of up to 960fps 6 produces super slow motion 3 of momentary movements invisible to human eyes. This feature has various settings to suit active subjects, so you can make pro-style movies of a “hidden” universe of movement all around you.
A world of wonder shot at 1/32,000 sec.
The super-fast Anti-Distortion Shutter of up to 1/32,000 sec. allows you to capture extremely fast motion without image distortion caused by rolling shutter.
Bright, clear, more precise
Indispensable feature for serious photographers
Retractable XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ is a standout feature in a camera of this size. Treated with ZEISS® T* Coating, this EVF provides corner-to-corner clear viewing.
Pro-inspired features for great enjoyment.
Essential gear for unforgettable pictures.
Rather than weighing you down with extras, the new pocket-size RX100 IV gives you the pro-class essentials you need at hand. You’re equipped for go-anywhere freedom to capture marvelous moments in memorable images.
Supported in Capture One Express (for Sony)
One of the world’s best RAW converters by Phase One
Capture One Express (for Sony) is one of the world’s best RAW converters, rendering precise colors and incredible detail. It contains flexible digital asset management, all the essential adjustment tools and fast, responsive performance in one customizable and integrated solution.17
- SENSOR TYPE
- 1.0″-type (0.52″ x 0.35″) Exmor RS® CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- NUMBER OF PIXELS (EFFECTIVE)
- OPTICAL ZOOM
- ISO SENSITIVITY (STILL IMAGE)(RECOMMENDED EXPOSURE INDEX)
- Auto (ISO 125-12800, selectable with upper/lower limit), 125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (Extendable to ISO80/100), Multi-Frame NR: Auto (ISO 125-12800), 200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600 19
- SENSOR TYPE
- 1.0″-type (0.52″ x 0.35″) Exmor RS® CMOS sensor, aspect ratio 3:2
- NUMBER OF PIXELS (EFFECTIVE)
- LENS TYPE
- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T* Lens
- F-NUMBER (MAXIMUM APERTURE)
- F1.8 (W) – 2.8 (T)
- ND FILTER
- Auto/On (3 steps)/Off
- FOCAL LENGTH (F=)
- Focal Length (f=) 35 mm format equivalent [Still Image 3:2] f= 24-70 mm [Still Image 16:9] f= 26-76 mm [Still Image 4:3] f= 25-73 mm [Still Image 1:1] f= 30.5-89 mm [Movie 16:9] f = 25.5-74 mm (SteadyShot Standard), f = 30-86 mm (SteadyShot Active), f = 33.5-95 mm (SteadyShot Intelligent Active) [Movie 4K 16:9] f = 28-80 mm (SteadyShot Standard), [HFR 960 fps] f = 42-118 mm (Quality Priority), f = 60-170 mm (Shoot Time Priority) [HFR 480fps] f=28-80 mm (Quality Priority), f=42-118 mm (Shoot Time Priority) [HFR 240 fps] f = 26-75 mm (Quality Priority), f = 28-80 mm (Shoot Time Priority)
- FOCUS RANGE (FROM THE FRONT OF THE LENS)
- iAuto: AF (W: Approx. 0.17 ft (5 cm) to Infinity, T: Approx. 0.99 ft (30 cm) to Infinity) / Program Auto: AF (W: Approx. 0.17 ft (5 cm) to Infinity, T: Approx. 30 cm (0.99 ft) to Infinity)
- SCREEN TYPE
- 2.95 in (3.0type) (4:3) / 1,228,800 dots / Xtra Fine / TFT LCD
- BRIGHTNESS CONTROL
- Manual (5 steps)/Sunny Weather
- ADJUSTABLE ANGLE
- Up: approx. 180 degrees, down: approx. 45 degrees
- 0.39-type electronic viewfinder (OLED)
- IMAGE PROCESSING ENGINE
- BIONZ X™
- [Still Image] Optical [Movie] Intelligent Active Mode, Optical type with electronic compensation (Anti Rolling type)
- FOCUS MODE
- Single-shot AF, Continuous AF, DMF, Manual Focus
- LOCK ON AF
- LIGHT METERING MODE
- Multi Pattern; Center Weighted; Spot
- EXPOSURE COMPENSATION
- +/- 3.0EV, 1/3EV step
- ISO SENSITIVITY (STILL IMAGE)(RECOMMENDED EXPOSURE INDEX)
- Auto (ISO 125-12800, selectable with upper/lower limit), 125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (Extendable to ISO80/100), Multi-Frame NR: Auto (ISO 125-12800), 200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600 3
- ISO SENSITIVITY (MOVIE)
- Auto (ISO 125–12800, selectable with upper/lower limit), 125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800
- MINIMUM ILLUMINATION (MOVIE)
- Auto: 1.2 lux (Shutter Speed 1/30″)
- WHITE BALANCE MODES
- Auto; Daylight; Shade; Cloudy; Incandescent; Fluor.: Warm White; Fluor.: Cool White; Fluor.: Day White; Fluor.: Daylight;Flash;C.Temp./Filter;Custom
- SHUTTER SPEED
- iAuto (4″ – 1/2000)/Program Auto (30″ – 1/2000)/Manual (Bulb, 30″ – 1/2000)/Aperture Priority (30″ – 1/2000)/Shutter Priority (30″ – 1/2000)
- ELECTRONIC SHUTTER
- iAuto (4″ – 1/32000)/Program Auto(30″ – 1/32000)/Manual (30″ – 1/32000)/Aperture Priority (30″ – 1/32000)/Shutter Priority (30″ – 1/32000)
- NOISE REDUCTION
- Long exposure NR: On/Off, available of shutter speeds longer than 1/3 s High ISO NR: Normal/Low/Off
- SHOOTING MODE
- Intelligent AUTO/Superior Auto; Program Auto; Aperture Priority; Shutter Speed Priority; Manual Exposure; MR (Memory Recall) 1,2,3; Movie Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure); HFR Mode (Program Auto, Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority, Manual Exposure); Panorama; Scene Selection
- SCENE SELECTION
- Portrait; Sports Action; Macro; Landscape; Sunset; Night Scene; Handheld Twilight; Night Portrait; Anti Motion Blur; Pet Mode; Gourmet; Fireworks; High Sensitivity
- CONTINUOUS SHOOTING SPEED (MAXIMUM) (WITH MAX. RECORDING PIXELS)
- Speed Priority Continuous Shooting: approx. 16 fps, Continuous Shooting: approx. 5.5fps4
- 10 s / 5 s / 2 s / 3 or 5 consecutive shots with 10 s 5 s or 2 s delay selectable/Bracketing shots with 10 s 5 s or 2 s delay selectable
- PANORAMA (SHOOTING)
- Sweep Panorama
- PICTURE EFFECT
- [Still Image] Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration [Movie] Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono.
- PICTURE PROFILE
- Off/PP1-PP7 (Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Color Level, Color Phase, Color Depth, Detail, Copy, Reset)
- FOCUS TYPE
- Contrast detection AF
- EXPOSURE CONTROL
- FLASH MODE
- Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Rear Sync / Flash Off
- FLASH TYPE
- Built-in, manual pop-up
- FLASH RANGE
- ISO Auto: Approx. 0.4 m to 10.2 m (W)/Approx. 0.4 m to 6.5 m (T), ISO12800: up to approx. 20.4 m (W)/approx. 13.0 m (T)
- COMPATIBLE RECORDING MEDIA
- Memory Stick Duo™; Memory Stick PRO Duo™; Memory Stick PRO Duo™ (High Speed); Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo; Memory Stick Micro™ 5; Memory Stick XC-HG Duo; Memory Stick Micro™ 5 (Mark2); SD Memory Card; SDHC Memory Card (UHS-I); SDXC Memory Card (UHS-I); microSD Memory Card 5; microSDHC Memory Card 5; microSDXC Memory Card 5
- RECORDING FORMAT
- Still Image: JPEG (DCF Ver 2.0, Exif Ver 2.3, MPF Baseline compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format); Movie: XAVG S, AVCHD format Ver.2.0 compatible MP4
- STILL IMAGE NUMBER OF RECORDED PIXELS (IMAGE SIZE)
- [16:9] 17M (5,472 x 3,080)/7.5M (3,648 x 2,056)/4.2M (2,720 x 1,528)
- MOVIE RECORDING MODE (NTSC)
- [NTSC] AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/60i) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/60i) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/24p) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/24p), XAVC S 4K: 30p 100M (3,840 x 2,160/30p) / 30p 60M (3,840 x 2,160/30p) / 24p 100M (3,840 x 2,160/24p) / 24p 60M (3,840 x 2,160/24p), XAVC S HD:60p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 30p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/30p) / 24p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/24p) / 120p 100M (1,920 x 1,080/120p) / 120p 60M (1,920 x 1,080/120p), MP4: 28M (1,920 x 1,080/60p) / 16M (1,920 x 1,080/30p) / 6M (1,280 x 720/30p)
- MOVIE RECORDING MODE (PAL)
- [PAL] mode AVCHD: 28M PS (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/50i) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/50i) / 24M FX (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 17M FH (1,920 x 1,080/25p), XAVC S 4K: 25p 100M (3,840 x 2,160/25p) / 25p 60M (3,840 x 2,160/25p), XAVC S HD:50p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 25p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 100p 100M (1,920 x 1,080/100p) / 100p 60M (1,920 x 1,080/100p), MP4: 28M (1,920 x 1,080/50p) / 16M (1,920 x 1,080/25p) / 6M (1,280 x 720/25p)
- NTSC/PAL Selector: [NTSC] mode XAVC S HD: 60p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/240fps), 60p 50M (1,920 x 1080/480fps), 60p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/960fps)/30p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/240fps), 30p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/480fps), 30p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/960fps)/24p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/240fps), 24p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/480fps), 24p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/960fps), NTSC/PAL Selector: [PAL] mode XAVC S HD: 50p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/250fps), 50p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/500fps), 50p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/1,000fps)/25p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/250fps), 25p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/500fps), 25p 50M (1,920 x 1,080/1,000fps)
- STILL IMAGE RESOLUTION
- 3:2 mode: 20M (5,472 x 3,648)/10M (3,888 x 2,592)/5M (2,736 x 1,824),4:3 mode:18M (4,864 x 3,648)/10M (3,648 x 2,736)/5M (2,592 x 1,944)/VGA,16:9 mode:17M (5,472 x 3,080)/7.5M (3,648 x 2,056)/4.2M (2,720 x 1,528),1:1 mode: 13M (3,648 x 3,648)/6.5M (2,544 x 2,544)/3.7M (1,920 x 1,920), Sweep Panorama: Wide (12,416 x 1,856/5,536 x 2,160), Standard (8,192 x 1,856/3,872 x 2,160)
- BATTERY SYSTEM
- POWER CONSUMPTION (CAMERA MODE)
- Approx. 1.9W with LCD monitor and approx. 2.3W with viewfinder (CIPA standard)
- USB CHARGE/USB POWER SUPPLY
- Yes (Shooting, Playback)
- BATTERY LIFE(STILL IMAGES)
- Still Images (CIPA)7: Monitor: Approx. 280/Approx. 140 min. Viewfinder: Approx. 230/Approx. 115 min; Movies (actual shooting)89: Monitor: Approx. 45 min., Viewfinder: Approx. 45 min. (In [MP4 28M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4 GB); Movies (continuous shooting) 8Monitor: Approx. 80 min. Viewfinder: Approx. 85 min. (In [MP4 28M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 20 min. and max. file size is 4 GB) 10
- SUPPLIED BATTERY
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- SHOOTING FUNCTIONS
- Eye AF; Face Detection; Face Registration; Still Image Recording (during movie recording); Smile shutter; Grid Line; Quick Navi; Digital Level Gauge (pitch and roll); WB Bracket; DRO Bracketing; MF Assist; Peaking; Zebra; Marker Display; Micref Level; Step Zoom/Quick Zoom; Self-portrait timer; TC/UB; Photographer Name and Copyright; ISO Auto Minimum Shutter Speed; PC Remote Control
- PLAYBACK FUNCTIONS
- BRAVIA® Sync (Control for HDMI); 9/25-frame index view; Auto Orientation; Slide Show; Forward/Rewind (Movie); Delete; Protect; Motion Shot Video; Beauty Effect; TRILUMINOS Color; 4K image output
Size & Weight
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D)
- 4 x 2.29 x 1.61 in
- WEIGHT (CIPA COMPLIANT)
- 10.51 oz (With battery and media), 9.56 oz (Body only)
ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T* lens for high depiction
Large-diameter ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar® T* 24–70 mm11 F1.8-2.8 lens allows wide-angle shooting out to 24 mm. Maximum aperture of F2.8 brightness at the telephoto end enables shooting images without camera shake and subject motion blur and capturing photos (such as portraits) with beautiful background defocusing. ZEISS® T* Coating reduces ghost and flare.
20.1 MP (effective) 1.0″-type Exmor RS® CMOS sensor
The world’s first12 1.0″-type stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM chip enables up to 40x super slow motion and up to 1/32000 super-high-speed shutter beyond human perception. The extended circuit features higher signal processing capacity and more than five times faster13 high-speed readout than conventional models.
BIONZ X™ for superior detail and texture
Digital cameras convert light captured by their sensor into digital images. Since the engine that powers conversion is as important as your lens and sensor, the RX100 IV features the high-speed BIONZ X™ processor for more natural details, more realistic images, richer tonal gradations, and lower noise while shooting photos and movies.
Super slow motion14 at maximum of 40x
Using the mode dial to select HFR, it’s easy to create super slow motion movies containing split-second moments of action. Choose shooting frame rates of 960/1,000fps, 480/500fps, or 240/250fps (NTSC/PAL)15, for the speed of a moving subject. Image quality is nearly Full HD at 240/250 fps, and HD at 480/500 fps in Quality Priority mode. The end trigger mode also enables you to capture 2 or 4 seconds before the MOVIE button is pressed, letting you capture the decisive moment.
1/32000 s Anti-Distortion Shutter
Up to 1/32000 s Anti-Distortion Shutter works to minimize image distortion caused by the rolling shutter phenomenon. The extraordinarily fast shutter speed also allows you to produce photos with background defocusing using a large aperture setting even under extremely bright conditions at a maximum of EV 1916.
Up to 16fps17 continuous shooting with reduced blackout
Thanks to the new super-high-speed image sensor—and despite its 20.1 MP18 high pixel count—the camera features accelerated readout speed that helps achieve continuous shooting up to 16fps17. This lets you capture moments of fleeting beauty or facial expressions.
Bright XGA OLED Tru-Finder™ for inspired shooting
High-contrast retractable electronic viewfinder (EVF) delivers high resolution equivalent to 2359k dots. Stunning resolution and self-illumination allow display of subtlest details for precise composition. EVF eyepiece optics are treated with ZEISS® T* Coating to reduce unwanted reflections for clear corner-to-corner visibility.
Control ring for advanced photography
Convenient lens-mounted control ring allows you to operate pro-style manual control such as selecting shutter speed, aperture, and more for added creative command — another feature making this camera an ideal choice for serious photographers.
180 ° tiltable LCD screen for flexible composition
High-resolution 3.0-type screen with tilt capability is perfect for taking selfies and framing of otherwise impossible overhead or low-angle shots. You can use it in high/low shooting positions for greater flexibility in capturing creative compositions.
Rapid AF response to capture decisive moments
The camera adopts Fast Intelligent AF featuring high-speed, highly accurate contrast-detection autofocus. Improved from the AF system used in α7 series, it achieves focus by minimizing wasted lens motion, predicting AF range, and accelerating lens drive, thereby improving response so you can capture even more fleeting moments.
Direct 4K movie recording181920via camera alone
The RX100 IV can record high-precision 4K movie181920 data. Moreover, stunning high-precision 4K images with suppressed moiré and jaggies can be delivered via data readout without pixel binning or line skipping.
Connect to smartphones and tablets with one touch
Instantly transfer a photo or movie to your Android smartphone or tablet by simply touching it with the camera — using downloadable PlayMemories Mobile and built-in Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication). One touch can also activate Smart Remote Embedded, for remote control of the camera from a mobile device and movie recording start/stop.
Support for PlayMemories Camera Apps (PMCA)21
Enjoy a camera that gains functionality with time. Choose from the growing range of PlayMemories Camera Apps21 for remote control, picture and video effects, and much more. Installation is simple using your PC or the camera’s own Wi-Fi connection. Note: Services availability depends on region.
Shoot almost anywhere with wide ISO sensitivity
Sensitivity extends right up to ISO 12800, for crisper images in extremely low light. Let Auto ISO mode determine the most appropriate setting automatically, or manually expand sensitivity as low as ISO 80. The camera also allows you to set up lower-limit shutter speed at time of Auto ISO setting.
Custom button creative convenience
The custom (C) button allows you to program one of over 40 possible functions to best adapt the camera’s capabilities to your shooting style. By assigning a frequently used function or a preferred setting to this button, you can call it up promptly. You’ll gain handy fingertip access to your selection — for faster, more intuitive camera operation.
Dual Rec 2 still shooting during movie recording
Shoot still images of 17 MP22 while recording a movie. The camera enables you to capture impressive high-quality stills even if movie shooting. New Auto Dual Rec release function lets the camera automatically take photos during movie recording. Select frequency of Auto Dual Rec release from high/standard/low settings.
Various shutter functions now enhanced
Shutter-related functions have been improved. For example, the self-timer function now supports bracket shooting, so you can use this valuable feature even in situations when you can’t release the shutter yourself. The number of exposure bracket shots is expanded to nine.
This function that boosts image brightness, for example, can be assigned to a customizable button for easy access when shooting a starry sky or other dark scene.
MF Assist and Peaking functions for focus refinement
These features help you fine-tune the focus as you desire. Manual Focus (MF) Assist magnifies the area you are focusing on to enable more precise adjustment, while Peaking highlights the sharpest or most in-focus area with your choice of color to help determine whether further focusing adjustment is required.
Lock-on AF for enhanced photo opportunities
Simply press the shutter button halfway to activate Lock-on AF23 . It automatically adjusts the AF target frame size to match the subject size, improve tracking performance, and taking full advantage of every photo opportunity.
Choose pro-quality XAVC S19 or AVCHD movie recording
Especially for serious videographers, XAVC S format19 provides low compression for high-quality movie expression and minimal noise even in scenes full of movement. You also have AVCHD format for easy editing and sharing. This camera uses 4K codec supporting 4K181920 movie recording at up to 100 Mbps and additionally enables Full HD image recording.
Diverse movie functions supporting pro-style usage
Various available movie functions include Picture Profile (that determines the character of movies by changing basic parameters like chromogenic effects and gradation adjustment), S-Log2 gamma (that extends the dynamic range of recording to reduce occurrence of blown-out highlights and black crush), TC/UB, Rec Control, Dual Video Recording, etc.
Remote Camera Control supported
When the camera is connected to a computer, you can use Remote Camera Control to take pictures or change settings on the camera from the computer connected via USB port. All you need is to download the Remote Camera Control application of a version that supports your PC.
Supported in Capture One Express (for Sony)
Capture One Express (for Sony) is one of the world’s best RAW converters, rendering precise colors and incredible detail. It contains flexible digital asset management, all the essential adjustment tools, and fast, responsive performance in one customizable and integrated solution. * Please direct all inquiries on purchase, usage, and support on Capture One solutions to Phase One.
Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X
This product is compatible with Final Cut Pro X and iMovie. 24
- 1Reseller price may vary.
- 2When record setting is set to 60p/50p (NTSC/PAL), 120p/100p (NTSC/PAL), or in 4K recording, you cannot use the Dual Rec.
- 3Achieved by using overlay burst shooting
- 4Speed will become slower after taking some shots.
- 5With Adapter (optional)
- 6Supports Micro USB compatible device.
- 7The LCD screen is turned on, shooting once every 30 seconds, the zoom is switched alternatively between the W and T ends, the flash strobes once every two times, the power turns on and off once every ten times.
- 8Continuous shooting is possible for approximately 29 minutes (limited by product specifications, default setting).
- 9Indication recording time, which is defined by repeating the cycle: Power on, start recording, zoom, stand-by, power off.
- 10Based on non-stop recording until the limit (29 minutes or 4 GB) has been reached, and then continued recording again. Shooting functions such as zoom will not be available.
- 1135 mm equivalent.
- 12The world’s first as 1.0-type sensor with memory-attached design, as of June 2015, based on Sony survey.
- 13According to a simulation of the same electronic shutter of up to 1/32000 s combined with the Exmor R® CMOS sensor employed with RX10 or RX100 III.
- 14Sound cannot be recorded when shooting slow motion. A class 10 or higher SDXC or SDHC memory card is required. To use SDHC memory card, software update of camera may be required.
- 15NTSC/PAL mode is switchable through its menu.
- 16Using built-in ND filter.
- 17In Speed Priority Continuous mode. Focus and exposure settings fixed at first shot.
- 18Continuous recording time is approx. 5 min.
- 19A class 10 or higher SDXC or SDHC is required to record movies in the XAVC S format. To use SDHC memory card, software update of camera may be required.
- 20UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) SDXC or SDHC is required for recording XAVC S at 100 Mbps. To use SDHC memory card, software update of camera may be required.
- 21For more details, please see the PlayMemories Camera Apps portal. Availability varies depending on region.
- 22Approximate effective megapixels.
- 23Available only when AF-C mode is selected.
- 24Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and Mac® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The Mac logo is a trademark of Apple Inc.
- 25© 2015 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- 26Sony, BIONZ X, Exmor RS, PlayMemories Home, PlayMemories Mobile, PlayMemories Camera Apps, PlayMemories Online SteadyShot INSIDE, , Xtra Fine LCD and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. AVCHD™ is a trademark of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation. Windows is a trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Mac OS and iMovie are trademarks of Apple Computers, Inc. HDMI are a trademark of HDMI Licensing LLC. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.
How To Buy